Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

So What DO You Eat?!?

This weekend at a family gathering (a wake really, but we won't get into that) I was talking with my mom. She was telling me of her weight struggles and I was telling her my personal success story with with my weight, eating a plant-based diet. I was telling her how simple it was really, that all you have to do is (for the most part) stop eating (or at least greatly limit) meat, dairy and eggs. Then added in more fruits, veggies, legumes, and plant-based foods. Her response, "So what DO you eat!?!?" 



Now, I love my mom, she is the one who
taught me to cook. We spent many hours in the kitchen together. She would be cooking something, have me taste it and ask, 'what does it need?' Then I'd try to guess what was in the recipe and what else might need to be added. More salt, more seasoning, different ingredient, etc. So it really surprises me that,with her creativity in the kitchen, the idea of cooking minus the a fore mentioned ingredients, left her stumped as to what a person was left to cook/eat!

This conversation also made me realize just how important it is to start writing blog posts on 'how to' go plant-based. On my blog "Meatlessly Mouthwatering" I post wonderful recipes but, I now see how important it is to start blogging more about the reasons for, the steps to, and tips of, eating a plant-based (not necessarily vegan or vegetarian) diet. So that is exactly what I will now be blogging about here at "Eat Plants."

I would also love to hear some of your experiences. How did you make the transition? What challenges did you face? How did you overcome them? What successes and changes to your life and health did you receive by making the switch? 

No comments:

Post a Comment